History of commencement
Chuluun Shastir (Rock Shastra) NGO was officially established at the initiative of Tsagaan Puntsag, a member of the Governing Board of the UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Educational; and was registered with the state registrar (#8206023) on March 28, 2016.
The vision for this NGO goes back to early 2000’s, and Mr.Tsagaan has always been a advocate on culture and education sectors since his time as the Minister for Education, Culture, and Science of Mongolia between 2004-2006.
Mr.Tsagaan, prior to the establishment of Rock Shastra, worked as a General Counselor in the “Land Where Moon First Rose”; project leader and founder for “Beloved Altai Craft” documentaries in 2011 and 2014, respectively. And was elected as the President for Rock Shastra NGO by the majority vote of the Board members in 2016.
- Dr. P.Tsagaan, Member of International Union of Prehistoric and Protohistoric Sciences (Union Internationale des Sciences Préhistoriques et Protohistoriques – UISPP)
- Dr. D.Tseveendorj, Professor, Institute of Archeology and History, Mongolian Academy of Sciences
- G.Batsukh, Chairman of Board of Directors of Oyu Tolgoi LLC
- Dr. S.Chuluun, Director of Institute of Archeology and History, Mongolian Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Prof. D.Tsahilgaan, Secretary-General of World Mongolia Summit
- Dr. N.Batbold, Research Fellow of Institute of Archeology and History, Mongolian Academy of Sciences
- Dr. D.Sukhbaatar, Director of National Museum of Mongolia
- B.Bulganbayar, Rock art enthusiast
- B.Munkhkhuj, Head of Mergen Num NGO, Rock art enthusiast
- B.Bayar, Director of Semuun Studio
- M.Sukhbaatar, Rock art enthusiast